To install Drupal from the Application Vault
Select the domain you want to install Drupal on
- Login to your Irish Domains web Control Panel
- Select “Websites” on the Top Menu (If this is not visible, select your hosting subscription from the Subscription dropdown box at the top of the page)
- Click onto the domain you wish to install Drupal on
- Select “Site Applications”
- Click on the “Install” button & Select Drupal from the available applications
- The Installation page should confirm that both PHP and Database are enabled on the hosting package. Press “Next” to proceed.
- You will now be asked for some basic settings for Drupal:
- username, password, blog title etc. See below about URL Path. Note: these settings can be changed later if required.
- URL Path will display “/drupal” by default. This means Drupal will be installed in a subfolder called drupal (i.e. www.yourdomain.com/drupal). This is ideal if you wish to run Drupal as an additional blog on your main website or if you are testing or developing a Drupal site. Folder name can be changed as required.
You can install directly to the domain root folder by removing the folder name “drupal” and just leaving a forward slash “/”.
- Click “Next” and “Finish” to complete installation
- The URL for your Drupal installation will normally be either http://www.yourdomain.com/ or http://www.yourdomain.com/drupal/ depending on whether you changed the URL path.