Create a local mailbox
- Start Apple Mail
- From the menu select Mailbox > New Mailbox...
- Result: The "New Mailbox" window appears
- For Location select "On My Mac"
- For Name enter a name for your new local mailbox
- Click OK
- Result: Your new mailbox appears in the mailbox listing
Move mail to the local mailbox
- Open the mailbox on the server that contains the message or messages you'd like to copy or move
- Select the messages you wish to copy; to select all the messages in a mailbox use command-a ( - a)
- Result: The messages to be copied are highlighted
- ctrl-click on the highlighted messages to see a menu of options and select "Copy To" or "Move To" (depending on whether you want to copy or move the messages)
- Then choose the folder you created in previously from the pop-up menu
- Result: The messages you selected are copied to the folder on your local machine
If you selected "Copy To" then the original messages are still on the mail server and count against your Irish Domains email quota.
If you selected "Move To" the messages will disappear from the mail server and will no longer count against your email quota.